Just how do I get hitched? – General Information Regarding Engaged And Getting Married
You can now get hitched so long the criteria are met by them in line with the Danish Act from the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, someplace else in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and now have an application approved.
The first it is possible to use is four months prior to the date you intend to get hitched.
You must apply for a so-called “prшvelsesattest” if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. If you should be to have hitched abroad you need to make an application for an “жgteskabsattest”.
The program form may be the exact same no matter what the document you submit an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law in addition to Aliens Act has had influence on the 1 st of January 2019. You can find out more relating to this while the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right right right Here it is possible to find out about the likelihood of a air that is open within the City of Copenhagen.
right right Here you can easily find out about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put which you decide.
Read more in regards to the demands
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought impact on the very first of January 2019.
The alteration implies that some applications for wedding is likely to be prepared with a central unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners who must deliver their applications to your main unit that is national couples where one or both parties:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- haven’t acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark based on EU-Law.
The City of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriage ceremonies.
You have to send the application to your municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if the two of you meet the criteria that are following
- You may be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You’ve got a permanent residence license for Denmark
- You’ve got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can find out more about any of it on the internet site of this State management by simply clicking this website website link.
You are able to find out more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you should be both authorized as residents in Denmark, and have now NemID, you have to fill out and deliver the notice of wedding kind digitally.
Significant: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before delivering the application.
Using the application you have to send the documentation that is following
- Scan of the passport or ID that is national if you should be maybe maybe not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of directly to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you should be perhaps not really a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- For those who have resided an additional nation than Denmark within the past few years, we possibly may require a certification of marital status from your own past nations of residence
In case a document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe maybe not released by way of A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the initial, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done by way of a certified translator.
If you’re a resident in a Nordic country you need to submit listed here
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are granted by Skatteverket, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you send out them to us.
- Scan regarding the image web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is released by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan for the image web web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of marriage kind
- Scan associated with photo web web page of the legitimate passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriages can be executed in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee that you’ll get hitched at the time you initially desire, so please usually do not book travelling tickets until your date for your wedding happens to be verified by the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses however you are welcome to create your own personal. There is no need to share with us concerning this until instantly ahead of the wedding party
- Exact exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- It is possible to just improve your title if you’re registered as a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been hitched abroad you are able to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and demonstrate to them your marriage certification. You can easily read more in order to find email address for Folkeregisteret right right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
For those who have NemID it is possible to write a protected mail via this website link.
Opening hours for individual attendance
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Phone hours for basic concerns
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex concerns, including getting a right time for the wedding service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon